Carla Golembe is an award winning artist, illustrator, author and teacher. Her work is shown at galleries and venues throughout the United States. Collections include Hyatt Corp, Pan Pacific Hotels, Sheppard Pratt Hospital, Medical College of Virginia Hospitals, Worcester Art Museum (Worcester, MA), Academy Art Museum (Easton, MD), Boston Public Library, University College of University of Maryland, Montgomery County MD Art in Public Places and others. She has received artist residencies from the Hambidge Center in Rabun Gap, GA; Altos de Chavon in the Dominican Republic and Kalani Honua in Hawaii. As an artist in residence in these places she presented her work to the community by giving talks, demonstrations and exhibitions.
Carla’s paintings are represented by Cove Gallery, Wellfleet, MA, Kolbo Fine Judaica, Brookline, MA, The GIft SHop of the Cornell Museum in Delray Beach, FL, and Gallery Galleon, Vieques, Puerto RIco.
Carla’s children’s books include A Story of Surfing, The Story of Hula, M is for Maryland, Washington DC ABC’s, Annabelle’s Big Move and Dog Magic, all of which she wrote and illustrated. She has also illustrated Why the Sky is Far Away, The Creation, People of Corn, How Night Came from the Sea and The Woman in the Moon, Sun and Honeybees. Carla wrote and illustrated the Zippy and Zoe series, published in Taiwan.
Her other illustration work includes greeting cards, fine illustration stock images for Artville/Getty Images and Imagezoo, educational and medical projects for children and magazine work. She has received awards for her children’s books from the New York Times, Parent’s Choice, The American Folklore Society and PMA, the Independent Book Publisher’s Association as well as others.
Carla has taught fine art and illustration courses at Maryland College of Art and Design and the Maryland Institute College of Art, and Lighthouse Center for the Arts. She worked with elementary school children teaching them to write and illustrate picture books and fold books through the Center for Creative Education and the Milagro Center. She presently teaches painting at Old School Square in Delray Beach and the Art School of the Boca Museum of Art . She has been doing presentations and workshops for children, teens and adults in schools, libraries, museums and other community based venues for almost 20 years. Carla has been an artist for five Animals on Parade Public Art Projects including Washington DC’s Party Animals and Pandamania, Ocean City Maryland’s OC Beach Birds, Prince George’s County, Maryland’s Birds-I-View and Palm Beach County’s Wild Things. Recent articles about er work include Arthive and Boca Life Magazine.
Bel Canto, acrylic on canvas, 30″ x 30″
Jardins de la Reine II 30″ x 30″ acrylic on canvas.
The Princess and the Queen 24″ x 36″ acrylic on canvas
Total of 8 images in same order as in image slider.
- $100 USD one time fee
- Premium artist listings – Your portfolio page will appear on Premium artist listings and all category pages your website and artwork truly represents
- Image slider of 8 images, cropped to 760 w x 500 h
- Artist name (location optional)
- Link to artist website
- Link to your Seller page on our new STORE (launching later this year) (optional, joining the STORE is not mandatory)
- Social media links optional
- Artist biography/ artist statement/ text within reason of artist’s choice (as per this example)
- The same 8 images, uncropped, max 650 width or height
- Title of artwork, medium, dimensions below each image
- Sort by medium category pages – One image cropped 320×240 will represent you across all category pages your website and artwork truly represents, not functionally possible to have different cover images for different category pages.
- Sort by medium category pages are generally chronological with the most recent members at the top. From time to time our most famous members may be moved towards the top in order to entice viewers to continue to scroll down the category page, win-win for our entire artist community
- Online gallery page – Your cover image, name, location and website link will appear with 30 artists/page, in fixed chronological order of joining the site
- Image changes $50
- One blog story about your artwork
- Our social media – Your art will appear on our Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus
FREE Standard Listing – Go to Update My information
$100 Premium Listing – Complete Your Payment
Pick images that best represent you
You may send us images of your choice but most artists have us suggest the 8 images and order to list them in and then we work together to agree upon the best final lineup and order.
We look for iconic images that best represent you with lasting visual value rather than your most recent masterpiece. Our goal is to draw visitors to YOUR site and your Seller page on our new STORE (launching later this year) where you’ll be able to upload your own images of figurative artworks for sale.
Image are sized and renamed by Figurative Artist to Artist-Name-female-nude.jpg for example, always starting with artist name then some descriptive keywords which really describe the image to attract search engines.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
The most important things that create strong Organic Search engine optimization are real text on the page.
The bio/statement text, the descriptive image names, the categories selected as well as the other artists on the site all contribute to search results.
Search engine results depend entirely on search terms entered by site viewer. Many other things help our excellent SEO including reputable linkbacks from other sites. The more we work together to promote our site with relevant links inbound and outbound, the stronger our SEO results are.
Post to our Facebook page
Consider posting your own up to date news on our facebook page where your HOT OFF THE EASEL news is always welcome.